Address: 19595 Taft St., Pembroke Pines, FL 33029
Phone: (754) 323-5000
Grades: K - 5
School Type: Public
Student Enrollment: 1,101
Students Per Teacher: 15
Chapel Trail Elementary School has been an A+ school for 10 years in a row and should be a model for other schools to follow. It's excellence in administration and staff stands up to its logo "The Best in the West!".
Before/After School Programs
"Extended day" programs where the school day is extended before and after school to accommodate working parents. Chapel Trail Elementary has before and after care provided by After School Programs (ASP).
Gifted and Talented Program
A school system may identify 10% to 15% or more of its student population as gifted and talented. A brief description of each area of giftedness or talent as defined by the Office of Gifted and Talented:
- general intellectual ability or talent - high intelligence test score (usually two standard deviations above the mean), and high levels of vocabulary, memory, abstract work knowledge and abstract reasoning;
- specific academic aptitude or talent in one area such as mathematics or language arts;
- creative and productive thinking, the ability to produce new ideas;
- leadership ability, the ability to direct individuals or groups to a common decision or action;
- visual and performing arts, special talents in visual art, music, dance, drama, or other related studies;
- psychomotor ability, such as practical, spatial, mechanical, and physical skills.
Special Education Classes
A school or program within a school that provides services and training to students with moderate to severe mental and/or physical disabilities. Chapel Trail has ESE and Speech therapists on Staff.